So while you are busy scrolling through celebrity feed on your social media, you might be lured into believing that this is how it should be in the real world. However, (it might come as a surprise) it is not! We forget that a lot of professionalism goes into creating the pictures and the shots which the celebrities take. If we were to take them in the real life, they would definitely look vastly different.
Comedian Celeste Barber took the initiative of taking things back to reality. She made funny imitations of the pictures taken by celebrities. She told Buzzfeed, “Some celebrities on Instagram seem to think we non-rich, non-privileged people are idiots and believe that what they are posting is real, I wanted to try to show how ridiculous it would be for a ‘normal’ person to recreate some of these photos.”
She reached her goal with these photos when she received huge appreciation from the netizens. “I get a lot of really positive feedback, like ‘Thanks for making me not feel so sh*t about myself’, and ‘Thanks for keeping it real,” she said.
1. Getting covered up in silver and still looking fab? Yeah sure…
2. She tagged it on Instagram saying “summer’s coming” you bet it is!
3. A perfect split alright
4. … because unless your car is at halt, this is what the wind does to your photos
5. These are the Christmas decorations we’ve been trying to hang outside
6. Because that’s how 99% population wakes up in the morning
7. This is perhaps what we’d get ourselves into
8. don’t get us wrong the picture on the right hand side is all right, but if we were to do it with our deadlocks, this is perhaps how we’d look!
9. “Happy weekend! The struggle is real” she captioned it
10. Shaving: the Hollywood way vs. Reality